For Thanksgiving, we will be having dinner with my mom and step-dad. Of course, Brian works, but we will wait to eat until he gets off of work. Most people do not want to wait for people who work crazy schedules on holidays, but my family completely understands because they all work/worked those crazy schedules on holidays. I will have my Tofurky and other what-nots. I will be busy the day after Thanksgiving too (no, I am not shopping) and I am looking forward to it!
Christmas is coming up, but as some of you know, I celebrate Yule...which the traditions are similar to Christmas traditions...but most traditions were part of Yule first. Yes, we give gifts, put up a tree, decorate with lights, etc. We send out cards too and that is a Victorian era tradition for Christmas. I like sending cards out because its always fun to receive something in the mail. Too bad stamps are getting off the charts expensive, but we make room for that cost and send out our cards.
New Years is coming and that is fun, but I'm not a person who plans my whole year around New Years. I do like to get all sparkly dressed (something about New Years makes me want to wear sparkly things) and go out for a little bit, but if we don't, then no big deal. Brian will be working, so he will not even be awake when midnight comes this year. Its only the change of a number, not really the true new year in my eyes, but still fun to celebrate if its possible. Too bad sometimes drama and fights have to break out because people just drink too much on New Years...something that we attempt to avoid, places with over drinking and strong emotions. People can really get hurt physically and emotionally when those two elements are mixed.
But, I think the best part of the holiday season is.......LIMITED EDITION PEPPERMINT STICK ICE CREAM! Mmmmmm!
![]() |
| I did not take this photo. |

I enjoy reading about your experiences with country living. I remember days of organic gardening, canning, sewing clothes...now it seems like it happened in another life! Jeri
ReplyDeleteAww, that is great you have those memories though! I guess there is a difference when living in town. When we loved in Portage, I knew I enjoyed those things, but we didn't do them. We had a small yard, that we could have had a small garden, but we didn't. There is just something different about the country.
ReplyDelete