Wow! November is here already. It seems as if this year is just flying by. My favorite month (October) was over with in the blink of an eye!
The weather has been fairly good to us for Fall. The poor east coast got hit with a horrible snow storm, even their trick-or-treating got canceled.
Brian and I have been working towards something very important to us lately and I have chose to not talk about it till a certain time, because we will receive a lot of negativity from some people. So, I apologize now to people when you say or think, "How come you didn't tell me/us?!" It is just how it has to be for now. If we could rely on the fact that we would receive a lot of support from all people, as people who love us should respond, we would announce what we are doing. But, we just don't feel that would happen and we are just keeping things quiet for now. Like I said, this is an apology in advance and hopefully you will understand our ideas. But, we are getting closer to reaching our goal, but it will still take some more time. I will update from time to time that we are getting even closer to our goal, as we do.
On another note, I have given in to technology and I am looking into buying a Kindle or Nook. I really cannot afford something at the moment, but soon, I hope. There are certain books that are being released on e-books only and some that are so expensive because they are a new release and in hardback only for the first year. Then, my libraries do not carry a lot of new releases or a lot of choices anyway. This does not mean I will not be buying actual books anymore, but I think I will really enjoy having a Kindle or a Nook.
Well, Thanksgiving is this month and that is one of my least favorite holidays. I don't know why, but it is. I wrote a whole blog on it last year (which was deleted when I had to delete my last blog site due to some issues). I think this year I will try to have a different viewpoint on Thanksgiving. We are having a little something and of course some Tofurky. I always try to make some different things for Thanksgiving...I try not to be so traditional. There is nothing wrong with tradition, but since I don't care for Thanksgiving, then I try to change it up a bit.
I do have some plans for the day after Thanksgiving (no, it does not involve shopping) to spend time with some good people, so I'm looking forward to that. By the way, for the people that get crazy and go shopping the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday)...look carefully at the "sales" you are hitting. I have worked in the sales industry for many, many years and they fool many people. Not all places, but many places fool their customers. Mainly, what they do is make their sale signs bigger. Yeah, seriously. It seems like a great deal because that sign above the merchandise is HUGE that says 30% off, but it has been 30% off for like two weeks already.
I mean, I know that some places will have extra sales from like 5am-11am or something, but the sales really are not that fantastic.....well, not fantastic enough to get trampled on and spend like forever in line to purchase your "awesome" sale items. And, usually those sales are going on the whole weekend, but the stores make you think those sales are only for that day. Carson's, Crate & Barrel, Gap, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Ralph Lauren, they're all the same. I've worked "Black Friday's" at all those stores and it's all trickery. But, the people are still nuts.
If you can believe it, in 2006, at the Old Navy Outlet, in Michigan City, the customers tore the doors off of the store. It was about an hour before they were suppose to open and the people wanted in NOW. So, they were pulling at the doors and hitting at the doors, demanding to be let in (because they could see the store associates straightening the store and getting it ready for opening) and they started pulling harder and they ripped the doors off. They rushed in and were told immediately to get out because now since they have tore the doors off, the store has to close down until the doors are completely fixed. Psychos!
Well, all I can say is that I am glad I am not working a "Black Friday" this year. And, to top it off, the stores at the Lighthouse Mall, in Michigan City, open at 12am on the Friday after Thanksgiving (so basically Thanksgiving night, real late). I worked the midnight shift there (at Banana Republic) and it was crazy. Funny thing was, the people were so rude and obnoxious and I kept thinking to myself, "Yep, go crazy filling your arms with clothes and fighting people over sweaters for those "awesome" sale prices....we fooled you. Those clothing items have been 30% off for the last week, we just made our sign bigger and redder! Ha!"
No comments:
Post a Comment