Brian and I went camping a couple weeks ago. I had full intentions of entering our experience in this blog right away....but I didn't quite get to it.
It was a fun time going camping. We brought my tent that my step-father had bought for me several years ago. It's a nice tent and could sleep four people, but, there was only two of us. We went to Prophetstown State Park (a newer state park), located near Battle Ground, IN and camped just overnight. We went hiking and took some beautiful pictures of the wildflowers in that area. That area is very rich in Native American history, which I love and is my favorite subject/people in history. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel (my favorite, I think of my dad every time) and then came home. It was a simple little trip, but a much needed getaway. There were some distractions, from people who were upset that we actually took some time to get away and relax for one day, but otherwise, it wasn't anything we couldn't brush off.
We have been well and happy with some decisions we have currently made in our lives and we hope things just keep looking up from here.
The weather is getting cooler and I am loving that! Fall is my favorite time of year. Our dogs are enjoying the cooler weather too because we can play outside without getting too hot. Today we had a fun time throwing stick.
My Uncle Paul had underwent open heart surgery several weeks ago. Turned out, there were complications and there were some very scary periods of time. I didn't post anything on Facebook or on my blog because I just didn't want to. Some people did and that is totally understandable because they were informing people of his progress. But, I didn't want people to tell me they were sorry or anything because when you read that someone had open heart surgery and there are now complications....that's really not a good sign. But, he is doing so well now and is back home after being in the hospital for a really long time. He really made a breakthrough and he was treated so well by the doctors at Porter Hospital......prayers and good, positive energy, I believe, was the extra push he needed......not to mention, he is very strong willed, along with a very awesome, supportive family that stayed by his side day and night. I love my family dearly.
Today has been a good day and I tried to enjoy the day as much as possible. It is my dad's birthday today and I know that he would be so upset with me if I was sad all day. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad, it's just that I tried to just continue on and enjoy this day. We wake up to great things, the weather is beautiful, went to the BMV (had a little problem there, but nothing serious, of course my dad's temper came out in me) and came home and played outside with our dogs. I know that my dad would smile at the thought of us keeping busy and being happy.
I love you Dad, Happy Birthday.



No comments:
Post a Comment