Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Well, here we are, into 2012. I think this year is going to be a very good year for Brian and I. Lots of exciting things will hopefully be happening to us!

Of course, there is this ridiculous talk of the end of the world happening this year, which I am completely sick of hearing about. If anyone actually read about what the Mayans believed and read anything about their calenders, (they go on for thousands of years beyond now) they would know that the Mayans did not even believe in a concept of "the end of the world." Everything, as most original religions believe, there is no such thing as "the end of the world" because everything is and has a cycle. No one really is absolutely certain of the definite belief of what the Mayans believed to happen in 2012, but it does have a lot to do with our spirituality. I think, in my opinion, we need to open our hearts more this year and begin to show more empathy towards people and animals. At the rate the world is going, we definitely need to rethink our way of life and our thought process...all of us need to.

We are hoping that our goals and wishes (I'm not talking about resolutions) we have for 2012 will be able to happen. We have things that we hope to happen at the beginning of this year, Brian has a goal he would like to reach, we have a pool to set up :), we have a family reunion to plan and have, and I really, really hope for a little vacation.

The weather has been mild, but I think we are in for a Winter storm soon. I love Winter, but I hate that Brian has to drive in it so much.

I am getting ready to be trained for the post office and I am really excited to start with them soon. The hiring process has been long, but it will be worth it. I was pleasantly surprised the day that I was suppose to take my initial driving test, that they completely cancelled out that whole step and moved the process for me along a lot faster.

Our New Years was nice....Brian decided, at the last minute, that he wanted to stay home and celebrate New Years with just him and I. So, he stayed home today, which caused him to be able to stay up for midnight last night. We were able to ring in the New Year with just him and I and the animals. It was very quiet, relaxed and just perfect.

Today we have been bumming around the house, I have a sick that keeps trying to get me and I'm just trying to take it easy. I've been taking my Zinc, Vitamin C and my Spirulina. My stomach has been upset, but I drink ginger tea and it really, really helps. I have not had much of an appetite the last few days, but it has kind of come back this evening and it feels really nice to eat! I remember, just about four days ago, I had said I wished my appetite would curve a little because I kept eating nonstop....guess I should be careful what I wish for!

Oh yeah, Yule/Christmas was nice! It was low key, but perfect. As I wrote before, we bought a real tree this year and we loved it! However, I am still finding pine needles in places even though the tree has been gone for a week. We took the tree down (along with all the other decorations) Christmas Day night....we don't mess around, we clear things out fast! I received some very nice gifts. I got a diamond and white gold nose ring (not really a ring, more like a stud, not sure what you call it exactly), a beautiful granite pestle and mortar (I had been wanting badly for herbs and what-not), books that I love, tree reference chart, a kindle! And more! Santa was good to me. Hee, hee.

The animals loved their gifts too. Bella and Miller received four different kinds of bones to chew on and they love them! And the cats got some really good catnip, which they can't get enough of. I think they're addicted. Ha ha.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I'm excited to be entering into 2012!    

No comments:

Post a Comment